Medieval Naming Guides: English Placenames
Lincolnshire Placenames, by Gunnvôr silfrahárr and
- A couple hundred placenames, with medieval forms and etymologies.
- A Collection of 613 English Borough
Names for Use in Locative Bynames, by Frederic Badger
- A list of English places that existed before 1650. These are modern
spellings; the article suggests sources that may give medieval
- English Sign Names, by Mari ingen Briain meic Donnchada.
- A collection of dated references to inn or tavern names.
- Names of English
Colleges, by Mari Elspeth nic Bryan and Juliana de Luna
- Names of English colleges and Inns of Court, including dated citations.
Comparison of Inn/Shop/House names found London 1473-1600 with those found in the ten shires surrounding London in 1636, by Margaret Makafee
- An extraction of inn sign names from documents listed in Early English Books Oline.
The Medieval Names Archive is published by
the Academy of Saint Gabriel and
Sara L. Uckelman. It was historically published by
© 1997-2013. Copyright on individual articles belongs to their